This is a quick, healthy lunchtime salad for one using leftover chicken from a roast. It will literally take you less than five minutes to put together and you can make the serving as large as you want – eat until you’ve had enough!
Please take notice, I’ve marked the kale and capsicum in the recipe below to be organic. If you know your clean fifteen and dirty dozen, you’ll know that capsicum and kale are on the dirty dozen so please buy organic.
A note about kale and massage. This is not some hippie nonsense. Eat a piece of kale without massaging and yuck! Eat a piece of kale after you have massaged some lovely oil into it and yum!
Throw in any other ingredients on hand like cucumber, avocado, tomatoes and even some mint. Just chop everything and add.
- 3 organic kale leaves, removed from stem and chopped
- ½ organic capsicum, chopped
- 5cm lemongrass, chopped
- cooked free range chicken, chopped (1-2 breast slices)
- small handful of coriander, chopped
- 2 good squeezes of lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- Massage the olive oil into the kale. Yes, get sensual with the green until the kale changes colour and becomes brighter - get your fingers in and massage.
- Then toss the remaining ingredients and finish with lemon juice.
- Give your 5 minute salad a good toss and enjoy.