Summer is really here in Sydney. With a nearly sweltering 34.5 degrees, there is only one thing on my mind for lunch. Gazpacho. If I make it in time, then it can sit in the fridge and get really cold. Only it was about 1pm by the time I got up to make lunch and there was no waiting as my stomach went “growl”…
This is a pure plant based vegan delight. Swap the passata for some fresh tomatoes and it’s all raw too! So if you are on a health kick and looking for a summer soup that can be ready in under five minutes this is it.
- ½ cup passata (just tomatoes, no fancy ingredients)
- ½ cucumber
- 1 red capsicum
- ¼ red onion
- 2 teaspoons raw apple cider vinegar
- good handful of corriander
- about ¼ cup to ½ cup olive oil depending on taste
- Put everything (minus the olive oil) in a blender or food processor until combined. Add olive oil to taste. Pop it in the fridge for at least an hour before eating.